- Marineland Catalunya
- Cookies Policy
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. Its purpose is to remember your visit the next time you browse the website. Cookies generally store technical information, personal preferences, content personalisation, use statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of a cookie is to adapt web content to your profile and needs; without cookies the services offered by websites would be significantly reduced. If you’d like more information on what cookies are, what they store, how to eliminate or deactivate them, etc., please go to this link.
Cookies used on this website
This website uses the following own cookies:
- Session cookies, to ensure users writing comments on the blog are human and not automatized applications. This helps to us fight spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to generate statistics on the traffic and volume of visitors to this website. On using this website you are consenting to Google’s use of information about you. Therefore, if you wish to exercise your rights in that regard, you should do so by contacting Google directly.
What are cookies?
Likewise, the Website will be able to know all the services requested by users, from way that they can provide or offer information appropriate to the tastes and preferences of each user.
What types of cookies are there?
- Cookies, depending on their Permanence, can be divided into:
- ‘Session Cookies’: The first ones expire when the user closes the browser.
- ‘Persistent Cookies’. The second ones expire when the aim that they are used for is achieved (for example, so that the user remains identified in the Services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally and depending on your Goal, you can qualify Cookies as follows:
- Performance Cookies: This type of Cookies remembers your preferences for the tools related to services, so that they don’t need to be configured for service again every time that you visit. As an example, this type includes:
- Volume settings on video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-localization Cookies: These Cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a service. This Cookie is totally anonymous, and is only used to help orient the contents of your location.
- Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or opens a session after having registered, and they are used to identify the user in the services for the following purposes:
- To keep the user identified so that, if a service closes, when the browser or computer is opened again at another time or on another day, and the user enters the service again, he or she will remain identified, facilitating browsing so that users do not need to identify themselves again. This function can be suppressed if the user presses the ‘log out’ button, so that this Cookie is eliminated and the next time the user enters in the service, he or she will have to login to be identified.
- Check whether the user is authorised to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytics Cookies: Each time that a User visits a service, a tool of an outside provider generates an analytic Cookie in the user’s computer. This Cookie, which is only generated by a visit, will be used by Websites Services on later visits to identify the visitor anonymously. The main aims are:
- To allow anonymous identification users who browse through the ‘Cookies’ (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trends over time.
- To anonymously identify the most heavily visited contents and, therefore, the ones that are most attractive for users.
- To find out whether the user who is entering is new or is visiting again.
- Important: Unless users decide to register on a Website service, the ‘Cookies’ will never be associated with any personal information that can identify them. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that will help to optimise the experience of Users on the website.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: This type of ‘Cookies’ allow to expand the information of the ads shown to each anonymous user in Website Services. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, the interaction with them, or the navigation patterns and/or user behaviours as they help shaping a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow us to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
- Third-Party Advertising Cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the Website in its Services, the Website offers its advertisers the option to serve advertisements through third parties (‘Ad Servers’). In this way, these third parties can store Cookies sent from the Website Services from the browsers of the Users, as well as access to the data that they are saved in them.
What kind of cookies do we use?
- The cookies we use on our website are:
- Own Cookies: Those sent to the user’s terminal device from computer or a domain managed by the publisher from the moment the service requested by the user are supplied.
- From third parties: Sent to the user’s terminal device from computer or a domain not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that will process the data obtained from the cookies.
How to disable Cookies?
- It is usually possible to stop accepting browser Cookies or stop accept the Cookies of a specific Service. All modern browsers allow you to change the Cookies settings. These settings are usually found under the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ heading on your browser menu. You can also configure your browser or your email manager, as well as installing free add-ons to prevent them from downloading Web Bugs when opening an email.
The Web offers guidance to the User on the steps to access the Cookies configuration menu and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Set up.
- For more information, please consult Microsoft support or the browser’s Help menu.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Record file -> Personalised set up.
- Google Chrome: Set up -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content set up.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
- For more information, please consult Apple support or the browser’s Help menu.
Can modifications of the Cookies Policy be produced?
The Website may change this Cookies Policy in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, or with the purpose of adapting this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, for which reason the users are advised to visit it periodically. When there are significant changes in this Cookies Policy, it will be communicated to users either through the website or via email to registered users.